fixed term deposit
A fixed rate of interest for a fixed term.
Eligibility criteria: You need to be 18 years or over, and have a Coutts Current Account/Coutts Foreign Currency Current Account to have access to our savings accounts.
apply for a coutts fixed term deposit
A Coutts Fixed Term Deposit – or Money Market Account – could be a good option if you want the reassurance of a pre-agreed rate of interest on your savings and don't need instant access to your cash.
why choose a coutts fixed term deposit?
- Flexible saving terms, fix your funds for any period between 1 month to 5 years.
- Offers the certainty of a fixed rate of interest for the entire term of your deposit.
- No maximum balances, available in GBP, EUR, USD and many other currencies.
How it works
Complete this form, contact your private banker or call Coutts 24 to get started. You'll also need a Coutts Current Account.
Choose how long you'd like to fix your savings for. At this point you'll know exactly how much interest you'll earn.
Sit back and watch your money grow. You won't be able to access your cash until the fixed term ends.
Account name: Money Market Fixed Term Deposit Account
What is the interest rate?
Below is an example of terms with indicative interest rates. Your private banker can provide you with an exact rate depending on selected term at time of application.
|AER/gross p.a. (fixed) for deposits
between £25,000 - £2,999,999
|AER/gross p.a. (fixed) for deposits
can coutts change the interest rate?
No, these rates are fixed from when we accept your deposit and until the deposit matures.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £100,000 and a £1m deposit?
|Deposit Amount||Balance after 12 months|
How do I open and manage my account?
- This account is only available to you if you hold a Coutts Current Account/Foreign Currency Current Account denominated in the same currency as the Money Market Fixed Term Deposit Account you wish to open.
- The following minimum and maximum amounts apply to accounts in sterling. Different minimum amounts and periods may apply to other currencies. Details are available on request.
|Term||1 month to 1 year||over 1 year|
|Maximum amount||The amount is agreed at account opening.|
- You can open your account by completing this form, contacting your private banker or by calling Coutts 24.
- You can manage your account by contacting your private banker, calling Coutts 24 or via our digital services.
Can I withdraw money?
No, withdrawals are not permitted during the term of the deposit.
When a deposit matures, we will transfer the total amount plus any interest to your linked Coutts Current Account/Foreign Currency Current Account on the same working day.
This account is available in sterling and other currencies.
Early closure is not permitted during the term of the deposit.
We do not deduct tax from the interest we pay to you.
The tax treatment may be subject to change in the future and depends on your individual circumstances. If you are unsure of your tax obligations you are strongly advised to source independent tax advice.
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER)
This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts, which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
The interest without the deduction of income tax (where applicable). Interest will be paid gross.
Per annum (per year)
Your eligible cash deposits held with Coutts & Co are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit protection scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered. Investment business undertaken with Coutts & Co in the UK may be covered by the FSCS, the cover depending on the nature of the claim being made. Eligible claims for most types of investment business are covered up to a maximum of £85,000 per person. FSCS cover is not available for loss of money resulting from performance of the investment.