apply for a cash isa
Earn tax-free interest on your savings with the freedom to instantly withdraw and re-add funds for your short-term needs without affecting your yearly ISA allowance.
You can even transfer any existing Cash ISAs you have with other companies to Coutts to make it easier to manage all of your tax-free savings.
why choose a cash ISA?
- Earn tax free on savings up to £20,000 in the 2023/24 tax year.
- Instant access to your funds.
- Our flexible ISAs mean you can withdraw and deposit your savings without affecting your annual ISA allowance.
Sit back and watch your money grow. You'll be able to make withdrawals and deposits at any time.
Account name: Cash ISA
Tax Free p.a. (variable)
AER p.a. (variable)
- Interest paid quarterly.
- Rate effective from 14 August 2023.
can coutts change the interest rate?
Yes, the applicable interest rate is variable:
- If the rate goes down, we will give you at least 14 days’ notice .
- If it goes up, no notice will be given.
Balance after 12 months
This example assumes that:
- No further deposits or withdrawals are made.
- Any interest earned stays in the account.
- There is no change to interest rates and tiers.
How do I open and manage my account?
- This account is only available to you if you hold a Coutts Current Account. The Cash ISA allows you to deposit up to £20,000 in the current tax year with £1 minimum balance. You should not have opened or deposited into any other cash ISA in the same tax year, which runs from 6 April to 5 April.
- You can open your account by completing this form or by contacting your private banker.
- You can manage your account by contacting your private banker or via our digital services.
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you may withdraw money by transfer to your Coutts Current Account. No notice is required. There is no limit on withdrawals. Please note the Coutts Cash ISA is a Flexible ISA. Flexible ISAs allow the subscriber to withdraw and replace money in an ISA without the replacement counting towards their annual ISA allowance. However, replacement money must be paid back into the ISA on or before 5 April of the tax year during which it was withdrawn – or it will count towards the allowance for the tax year in which it is paid back in.
This account is available in sterling only.
The Cash ISA is a tax-free savings account.
Tax-free interest means that interest payable on Cash ISAs is exempt from UK income tax. The tax treatment may be subject to change in the future and depends on your individual circumstances.
If you are unsure of your tax obligations you are strongly advised to source independent tax advice.
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER)
This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts, which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
The interest without the deduction of income tax (where applicable). Interest will be paid gross.
Per annum (per year)
Your eligible cash deposits held with Coutts & Co are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit protection scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered. Investment business undertaken with Coutts & Co in the UK may be covered by the FSCS, the cover depending on the nature of the claim being made. Eligible claims for most types of investment business are covered up to a maximum of £85,000 per person. FSCS cover is not available for loss of money resulting from performance of the investment.