Clothing with a conscience
How NET-A-PORTER, supplier to the THANK YOU FROM COUTTS reward scheme, is selling fashion fit for a sustainable future.
2 min read
01 Mar 2021Ahead of chancellor Rishi Sunak’s first post-pandemic budget, we look at changes to the UK tax regime being considered by the government, and the practical steps investors might consider in the meantime3 min
26 Feb 2021Our quarterly responsible investing report looks at a new focus for investors brought on by the coronavirus pandemic. It also includes our latest voting and engagement statistics as shareholders.2 min
Sustainability in seven
The seven ESG-focused attributes that make up the NET SUSTAIN framework are all measured by independent, official standards. They include:
- Considered materials and ingredients – materials and ingredients cultivated in a way that takes into account the welfare of people, animals and the environment.
- Considered processes – products made in a way that minimises any environmental impacts and in no way harms the health of those who make them and wear them.
- Reducing waste – products made using regenerated or re-used materials.
- Locally made – brands with a purpose and products that are intimately connected to their provenance and people, manufacturing at least 50% of their goods in their own community or country.
- Craft and community – products that showcase unique artisan skills and brands that adhere to fair trade principles and invest in communities.
- Animal welfare – products made by brands that invest in their supply chains to prohibit animal testing and promote the highest animal welfare standards.
- Vegan – brands which do not sell any products where the manufacture, materials or ingredients have involved the use of any animal product, by-product or derivative.
Elizabeth von der Goltz, Global Buying Director, NET-A-PORTER, tells us more, “NET SUSTAIN celebrates the brands that place sustainability at the heart of their business mission. Since its launch in June 2019, we have been committed to expanding in this area and enabling our customers to make informed choices.”
Why not reward yourself?
THANK YOU FROM COUTTS is available to Coutts Silk cardholders. If you have a Silk Charge Card or Silk Credit Card, every time you use it or your Coutts Debit Card, you’ll collect ‘Coutts Crowns’. Collect enough and you can redeem them for a very special gift or charity donation.
From 3 February to 3 March 2020, NET A PORTER is giving our THANK YOU FROM COUTTS clients an extra 15% discount on selected, new-season products. Terms and conditions apply. Log into THANK YOU FROM COUTTS via Coutts Online to find out more.
Read how we recently revamped THANK YOU FROM COUTTS. To find out more about the scheme, speak to your private banker or call Coutts 24 on 020 7309 0045.
Silk Charge card representative 0 % APR Variable
Silk Credit Card representative 14.7 % APR Variable
Coutts Clients Only
Coutts Concierge is available to Coutts Silk cardholders
NET-A-PORTER promotion code for 15 % discount is valid from 3 February – 3 March on selected new-season products. To access the promotion code, log into THANK YOU FROM COUTTS and search under FASHION & ACCESSORIES for Net-a-Porter. To redeem the 15% discount, simply:
- Sign into your NET-A-PORTER account - if you haven't got an account, you’ll need to register.
- If you’re redeeming a NET-A-PORTER gift voucher, select ‘My Account’ and under ‘My Gift Cards’ enter your gift voucher code, which will be deducted from your next order.
- Enter the promotion code on the payment page at checkout. Brand exclusions apply. Please see here for full terms and conditions.