Looking for tailor made mortgages to fit your clients' specific needs?
We're here to help. We provide bespoke, flexible mortgage solutions and the benefits of a Private Bank for your high net worth clients.
ONLY FOR USE BY MORTGAGE INTERMEDIARIES
innovative MORTGAGES TO FIT YOUR CLIENTS’ SPECIFIC NEEDS
Supporting you with a mortgage as individual as your client
Our Broker Banking team will help you and your clients.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
We have a range of fixed rate products for clients wanting certainty of their monthly repayment. All fixed rate mortgages have a 10% overpayment allowance per annum. Early Repayment Charges apply.
We have a range of products that track the Coutts Base Rate. No Early Repayment Charges apply.
mortgage reserve account
Our MRA works like an overdraft, there is a limit set and the client can draw upon this limit accordingly. The MRA must be on the clients main residence.
Our offset mortgages are available for customers who may want more flexibility. They are available on both residential and Buy to Let applications. GBP, US Dollar and Euro cash can be used to offset the mortgage.
Our green mortgages support clients with more energy efficient homes.
We’d encourage you to contact us to discuss your enquiry as every case is assessed on an individual basis CouttsIntermediaryTeamReferrals@coutts.com.
Here is an outline of our lending and eligibility criteria. This is not intended to be a full policy guide:
- The minimum loan for new clients should exceed £1 million
- The client must be aged 18 or over
- We lend on UK properties only
- No minimum income requirements
- We can lend without Assets Under Management for the client
- The minimum term is 2 years and the maximum is 35 years or to age 80 (depending on method of repayment)
- We must have first legal charge over the property
Loan to Value (LTV)
We may be able to provide mortgages above standard LTV parameters (subject to application and criteria). To discuss your clients bespoke requirements, please contact the Broker Banker team CouttsIntermediaryTeamReferrals@coutts.com.
Here is an outline of our standard LTV parameters.
Amounts and loan to value parameters - residential
Property value Interest only Capital and Interest <£830,000.00 75% 90% £830,000.01 to £2,999,999.99 75% 85% £3m to £4,999,999.99 75% 75% £5m to £9,999,999.99 75% 75% £10m+ (super prime) 65%* 65%*
*Specified London postcodes only.
Amounts and loan to value parameters - buy to let (including consumer buy to let)
Property value Interest only Capital and Interest <£4,666,667 75% 75% £4,666,668 to £4,999,999.99 55% 65% £5m to £9,999,999.99 50% 60% £10m+ (super prime) Applications considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please contact the Broker Banker Team for further detail around the countries we cover.
- We lend on UK properties only.
- For UK Resident/UK Domiciled and Expats the minimum loan size is £1m.
- For Non-UK Resident/Non-UK Domiciled the minimum loan size is £3m.
Lending to entities
- We can lend to Trusts and Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV).
High net worth lending
- Where the client has limited income or needs to supplement income we can look at using their assets to support the lending decision.
- To be eligible the client needs a minimum of £3m in assets or £300k net income.
- Assets that we can consider are: cash, liquid and diversified investment portfolios, investment property, second homes, art, antiques, cars, chattels, specialist assets.
(Residential) Development finance
- We can help with residential property development only.
- The Broker Banker team and Development Finance Team will work with you and your client to find the right way to support the project.
- We’re only able to support development finance if we are involved from the start of the project.
- Loan to values will be provided on a case by case basis.
To discuss a new enquiry please contact your Business Development Manager or the Broker Banker Team at CouttsIntermediaryTeamReferrals@coutts.com
Once you have discussed your case with us and we have indicated lending appetite please complete a Mortgage Enquiry Form
Obtaining an ESIS
Once we have reviewed your enquiry and we have received both the Mortgage Enquiry Form and the supporting documentation we will provide you with an ESIS document. When you have confirmed with us that the ESIS has been accepted by the client we will be able to proceed to full application.
All introduced mortgages will be completed on the sole advice provided by the broker. Coutts will no longer provide advice direct to the clients on introduced cases.
updates on your Cases
All submitted mortgage applications or enquiries will be individually case managed by your Broker Banker and Credit Analyst. Please contact them directly for an update.
To place business with us you must be registered with NatWest Intermediary Solutions.
The NatWest registration process and Terms of Business cover both brands and there is no requirement to register separately with us.
If you would like to discuss a new mortgage enquiry please contact our Broker Banker Team or one of our Business Development Managers
Broker Banker Team: firstname.lastname@example.org