How do I log in to Online Banking with my username, card and reader?
To log in to Coutts Online you will need
- Private clients - your debit card and card reader
- Business users - your smartcard and card reader
To log in, follow the steps below
- Visit coutts.com
- Select Login
- Enter your username and select Next
- To generate a passcode
- Insert your card into the reader, the screen will display Select Function
- Press the Identify button on the card reader
- Enter your card PIN into the card reader, and press OK
- If the PIN is correct, a passcode will be displayed on the card reader. Enter this Passcode (without spaces) into the field on your Coutts Online screen.
- Select Next
We will NEVER ask you to provide a PIN or passcode over the phone. If you are ever asked for this information, please disconnect the call and contact the Coutts Digital Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7770 0000 immediately from a different phone.
Please note, while we use up-to-date security measures to ensure that our service is safe and secure, we also recommend that you take the following precautions:
- Keep your computer secure. Install anti-virus and firewall software on any devices that you use to log in. Always ensure that they, and the browsers you use, are kept up-to-date.
- Treat emails that you receive with caution and be wary of emails or telephone calls asking you to reveal any personal security details. Neither the police nor we will ever contact you to ask you to reveal your PIN or any passcodes.