more intuitive digital service
Secure, intuitive and simple,
our improved digital banking service gives you a clearer view of your Coutts accounts and everything you need to manage your daily finances.
- a smartphone or tablet with a recent version of iOS or Android
- your Coutts Online username
- the mobile phone number you’ve registered with us
Don’t remember your username or need to update the number registered with us?
Frequently Asked Questions
- We’ll send you an email or letter to let you know when our new digital banking service is ready, which will include your salutation and ‘person key’ (which starts 66 and is printed in the bottom right hand corner of most of our emails and letters).
- If we hold your mobile phone number, we’ll also send you a text message to let you know that our new service is ready for you to activate.
Please be aware that:
- we’ll NEVER send you a link in our emails or text messages to a ‘Coutts Online’ login page – always log in to Coutts Online via the coutts.com homepage
- we’ll NEVER ask you for your PIN or passcodes when speaking to you – only a fraudster will ask you for these
- we’ll NEVER ask to access your devices remotely – only ever allow someone to access your devices remotely if you’ve initiated the access
- emails and phone numbers can be SPOOFED so they look real – think twice before clicking on links and if something doesn’t feel or sound right, don’t take any action.
Further tips and guidance on staying safe online and protecting yourself from fraud can be found at coutts.com/fraud.
You’re able to set up the new service on a tablet/iPad but to ensure the activation of our new service is as secure as possible, we’ll need to text a verification code to a mobile phone number. This will enable you to access the new platform and all its features on a tablet/iPad. If we’re unable to text you your verification code then unfortunately you’ll be unable to use the service.
Yes, you can access our new app via your tablet or iPad instead of using a smartphone, but you’ll need a mobile phone to receive the activation code.
As long as you have WIFI, you’ll able to access our notifications on your device even if you don’t have a mobile phone signal. We’ll just need to text you a verification code when you set up our new service.
All of your information will be migrated onto our new service with the exception of:
- any historic secure messages you’ve sent or received
- historic documents for any closed accounts you hold.
If you wish to keep these, you’ll need to download them by clicking ‘save as’ on the pdf.
Walk through the new features